Voluntary Flight Changes due to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
South African Airways (SAA) advises all customers that due to Covid-19, we will allow one (1) free change on SAA operated flights.
- Applicable to tickets issued on/before 15 March 2020 for travel between 15 March and 30 April 2020.
- Applicable for new bookings for travel planned between 15 March and 30 April 2020.
- This policy is applicable to South African Airways operated flighs, SAA Codeshare flights with Mango (SA2000 flight number range) and SAA Marketing flights (SA7000 flight number range).
- This advisory is applicable to South African Airways operated flights, Mango codeshare (SA2000) and SA marketing (SA7000) issued on 083 ticket stock.
- This TA is also applicable to SA Express (SA1000) and Airlink (SA8000) flights that form part of an itinerary that contains a SAA operated flight, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines.
Rebookings and/or reissuance of tickets must be completed on or before 31 May 2020.
Once you decide on a date to travel please contact us.
Travel must be completed by 28 February 2021.
- All change fees are waived.
- Subject to same booking class being available.
- If same booking class is not available and/or the total fare has changed due to seasonality an additional charge would be raised.
This one (1) change is allowed on all types of FARES.
Change of cabin will not be permitted.
Change of routing will not be permitted.
No refunds are permitted.
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, a number of countries have imposed travel restrictions. You may view information relating to the travel restrictions by accessing the below websites
To view the Travel Advisory issued by the South African Department of International Relations and Cooperation
please click here
South African Airways Customer Contact Centre
Johannesburg Call Centre | +27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606
Fort Lauderdale | 1-800-722-9675