Let Your Career Take Flight
South African Airways (SAA) is a multi-award winning airline based in Johannesburg, South Africa, serving 38 destinations globally. We are a key contributor to South Africa's GDP, accounting for about 9.2bn.
This makes us an important part of the economy and a cornerstone of our nation's future success. SAA was established on 1 February 1934, when the South African government took over the assets and liabilities of Union Airways.
Over the next 80 years, we worked hard as an organisation to overcome historical challenges and move with the times. Today, we are a proud member of the Star Alliance group and an aviation force to be reckoned with.
As Africa's most awarded airline, we are proud of our many accolades.These votes of confidence inspire us to reach greater heights. During the last couple of years, South African Airways was awarded with:
- Sunday Times Generation Next Awards - Coolest Domestic Airline (3 consecutive years)
- Sunday Times Top Brands 2014 - Domestic Airline
- Skytrax - Best Airline in Africa (13 consecutive years)
- Skytrax - Best Staff Service in Africa (4 consecutive years)
- Skytrax - 4-Star Rating Retention
- Skytrax - World Travel Awards - Africa's Leading Airline (21 consecutive years)
- Skytrax - World Travel Awards - Sawubona: Africa's Leading In-flight Magazine
- Skytrax - Ask Afrika Orange Index - Industy Leader: Africa
- Skytrax - STAT Times - African Cargo Airline of the Year (2013)
- SAA and Mango hold the number one and two successive spots as South Africa's most on-time airlines
Browse through our careers here.