SAA Upgrade Awards' terms & conditions
SPENDING MILES - South African Airways
Terms and Conditions for Upgrade Awards
- South African Airways Upgrade Awards are only permitted on South African Airways flight numbers where South African Airways is the operating carrier (flight number range SA 001 – SA 999).
- South African Airways Upgrade Awards can only be issued on a Sector basis.
- South African Airways Upgrade Awards are subject to seat availability and confirmation of a seat will be considered between 24 (twenty four) to 48 (forty eight) hours prior to departure of a flight sector requested.
- South African Airways Upgrade Awards are issued only for travel within the qualifying region of the Award as specified in the Award chart.
- South African Airways Upgrade Awards exclude the difference in cost between the lower class and the upgrade class with respect to: carrier imposed fees; government taxes, surcharges and levies; third-party taxes, surcharges and levies; credit card levy or surcharge; or any other fees as may be applicable. Members are responsible for and must settle all relevant airport taxes and any additional relevant fees that are due for payment when collecting their Upgrade Award ticket. Such payments must be made in cash or by card.
- South African Airways Upgrade Award Certificates -are available via www.flysaa.com.
- Miles required for South African Airways Upgrade Awards are as per the Award chart published on www.flysaa.com. Refer to the "Spending Miles" page for the applicable Upgrade Award chart.
- Only Y, B, M and K revenue Economy class tickets are eligible for a South African Airways Upgrade Award.
- The eligible Economy class booking must first be issued on South African Airways ticket stock (i.e. on ticket numbers that start with "083". E.g. 08324009045671) before the Upgrade Award can be processed for ticketing.
- Upgrade Awards may only be used for an upgrade to the next higher cabin class.
- Members must purchase confirmed tickets in the lower class of travel, then request the relevant Upgrade Award. Once the applicable Miles have been withdrawn from the Member's Voyager account, the change to the reservation will be made and the Member can then arrange to have the ticket re-issued accordingly.
- The booking class for South African Airways Upgrade Awards is 'E'.
- Date changes are permitted and the fare rules and restrictions of the original Economy published revenue classes apply, in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
- Original endorsements apply to the upgraded ticket.
- Subject to the original Economy class fare rules, if a date change takes place on a ticket that has already been upgraded with Miles to the next higher booking class, the Member or passenger must pay the penalty as per original fare rules pertaining to the revenue based ticket. The original booking class must first be booked on the new date of travel, before the upgrade booking class can be requested.
- Subject to the original Economy class fare rules, if a date change results in a different Economy booking class, the difference in fare will be collected and the ticket revalidated.
- South African Airways Upgrade Award tickets are refundable subject to the original fare rules and these Terms and Conditions.
Enjoy premier rewards by activating your account online here with us. And, we can give you more than just the world!