Date of Issue | Friday, 18 January 2019
Subject | U.S. Weather Advisory on Winter Storm Harper
The U.S. National Weather Service is closely monitoring Winter Storm Harper that would potentially impact the east coast of the United States.
South African Airways (SAA) wishes to inform all our customers that our scheduled flights to/from New York (JFK) and Washington Dulles (IAD) would be operating as normal. Our Global Operations Control Centre would be working with the relevant authorities and internal stakeholders to monitor the trajectory of the storm over the coming days.
Customers are encouraged to contact South African Airways or connecting flight carriers to re-confirm flights. Where necessary customers may choose to reschedule flights. Assistance to will be provided to all ticketed customers holding a South African Airways Ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
· Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to
availability in the same cabin.
· Change of cabin will not be permitted.
· Change of routing would not be permitted.
· This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock
and not on separate tickets of other airlines
· Tickets must be re-issued on/before 25 January 2019
· Travel must commence on/before 25 January 2019
· No-Show customers would not be eligible for this waiver.
· Normal refund policies apply.
South African Airways Call Centre Contact details
· Johannesburg | 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606
· Fort Lauderdale | 1-(800) 722 9675
South African Airways apologises for any inconvenience and encourages all customers to visit our website on this link https://www.flysaa.com/manage-fly/manage/flight-status for all flight updates.