International Jazz Extravaganza
The International Jazz Extravaganza is one of the most anticipated musical spectacles in the world, and SAA is giving you the chance to experience it up close and personal.
Step-Up your Economy Class ticket to Business Class for just R500 one way and you’ll automatically stand a chance of winning double tickets to the IJE in Durban on the 17th June.
To Step-Up your flight, simply follow these 3 easy steps:
- Place your bid :
make us an offer by selecting the amount you would be willing to pay for an upgrade from Economy Class to Business
- Payment information :
Enter your credit card details. Your credit card will only be charged if your offer is accepted.
- Review and submit :
We will advise you 24 hours prior departure if your offer is successful, and whether you’re the lucky IJE ticket winner.
Place your bid
- The promoter of the competition is South African Airways (SOC) Limited Reg. No 1997/022444/30.
- This competition is open to any natural person who is 18 years or older.
- The competition will run from Friday, 9 June 2017 (11H00) to 15 June 2017 (23H59).
- A total of 10 General Seating tickets can be won to the International Jazz Extravaganza (IJE) on 17 June 2017 at the ICC in Durban.
- To win 2 tickets to the IJE, the customer must Step-Up his economy class ticket to business class from Johannesburg to Durban on 14, 15 or 16 June 2017.
- Step-Up Terms and Conditions apply for all flights that are upgraded from Economy Class to Business Class.
- In case the winner of the IJE tickets does not reside in the city where the prize is valid, the winner has to make his/her own provision to attend the IJE.
- The winner must present their ID Book and letter from South African Airways when collecting their prize.
- The prize is valid as per the prize letter awarded and cannot be transferred.
- Flight tickets are excluded.
- The winners are responsible for their own accommodation, spending money, and transport to and from the airport and items of a personal nature.
- South African Airways reserves the right to withdraw and/or alter any of the terms & conditions of this offer at any time without prior notice.
- Employees of SAA and International Jazz Extravaganza and their advertising and promotion agencies, associated companies and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The winners will be randomly selected.
- Winners will be announced on 13, 14 and 15 June 2017.
- Winners will be notified as soon as the decision is made via e-mail or telephone
- If the winner does not respond to the notification within 2 hours, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frame listed shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- By accepting the prize, winners agree that South African Airways and International Jazz Extravaganza will be entitled to publish their names and photographs at no cost, in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the end of the competition period.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All participants and winners indemnify the organizers, associated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, and their directors, officers, employees and agents, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with their participation in any way whatsoever in this promotion. Prior to awarding the prize, South African Airways may require the winner to sign such an authorization/indemnity.
- By entering the competition, all entrants agree that any participation in this competition is subject to these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by South African Airways in its sole discretion, and that SAA’s decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. All information relating to this competition published on any promotional or advertising material in any media at any time before or during the competition period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
Indemnity and Waiver
ALL PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS INDEMNIFY THE ORGANISERS, ASSOCIATED COMPANIES (SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS AND INTERNATIONAL JAZZ EXTRAVAGANZA) THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR PARTICIPATION IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER IN THIS PROMOTION. PRIOR TO AWARDING THE PRIZE, SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS MAY REQUIRE THE WINNER TO SIGN SUCH AN AUTHORISATION/INDEMNITY. IF A WINNER CANNOT PROVIDE SUCH INDEMNITY, THEY WILL FORFEIT THE PRIZE AND THE PRIZE WILL ONCE AGAIN BE DISTRIBUTED BY A SEPARATE DRAW.
Revision of Terms and Conditions
South African Airways and International Jazz Extravaganza reserves the right at any time prior to final draw, to vary the nature of the competition or the prizes or to vary these terms and conditions or to withdraw the competition. In such event, all participants hereby waive any rights that they may have against South African Airways and International Jazz Extravaganza hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against South African Airways or International Jazz Extravaganza their directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, sponsors, agents or consultants. Any amended terms and conditions published in any media will form part of the terms and conditions of the competition, to which terms entrants agree the competition is subject.