Be there to experience three days of the finest jazz music at the Sandton Convention Centre. With a legion of international jazz giants as well as local talent, across 4 different stages set to perform, the 22nd Standard Bank Joy of Jazz festival prides itself in being South Africa’s biggest and oldest jazz festival.
The 22nd edition of this festival is on from the 26th-28th of September 2019 and will open with the Jazz at Lincoln Centre Orchestra led by trumpeter, Wynton Marsalis. This multiple Grammy Award-winner and his band will share stage with Mzansi’s own ZAR Orchestra led by Marcus Wyatt. Weekend highlights include performances by Salim Washington, Etuk Ubong, Sipho Mabuse, Rahsaan Patterson, RJ Benjamin and Ladysmith Black Mambazo.
The festival also features a never-to-be repeated all-star band performance to celebrate 35 Years of the Standard Bank Young ArtistAwards. The performance will feature alumni like Shannon Mowday, Sibongile Khumalo, Nduduzo Makhathini, Concord Nkabinde, Gloria Bosman, Bokani Dyer and Mark Fransman, to name a few.
Simply, #PressPlaywithSAA by entering the SAA Jazz trivia competition on our social media platforms- Facebook, Instagram and Twitter feeds and you could stand a chance to win one set of double ticket to the Festival on one of the days! Ts and Cs apply.
In addition to that, during the Festival please be sure to visit our activation stand and sign up for Voyager and you could win 50 000 miles!
Fully Inclusive Domestic Special Fares
One Way. Economy Class. To Johannesburg
Terms and Conditions
All fares are subject to availability and change due to currency ﬂuctuations. South African Airways reserves the right to, at any time, change and/or discontinue these special fares and conditions without prior notice. # Subject to same seat availability. *Any unused regulated taxes are refundable.There is a service fee for new bookings made via our Call Centre and Airport offices.
Book your flights here:
Joy of Jazz - Car Rental
If you are travelling for 22nd Standard Bank Joy of Jazz or just looking to rent a car, flysaa.com can help find the right car for you. No matter your budget, SAA will find the best rate among our 1 200 partners spread across 145 countries.
All participants and winners indemnify the organizers, associated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, and their directors, officers, employees and agents, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with their participation in any way whatsoever in this promotion. Prior to awarding the prize, South African Airways may require the winner to sign such an authorization/indemnity.By entering the competition, all entrants agree that any participation in this competition is subject to these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by South African Airways in its sole discretion, and that SAA’s decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. All information relating to this competition published on any promotional or advertising material in any media at any time before or during the competition period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- The promoter of the competition is South African Airways (SOC) Limited Reg. No 1997/022444/30.
- This competition is open to any natural person who is 18 years and older.
- The competition will run from 19 September 2019 17h00 till 24th September 23h59
- X 1 double ticket can be won for each day of the Joy of Jazz Festival for either Thursday 26th, Friday 27th or Saturday 28th.
- In order to stand a chance to win tickets, the client is required to follow the competition mechanic on Social Media.
- The winner must be in Johannesburg on the day of event to collect their X 1 double ticket for either Thursday 26th, Friday 27th or Saturday 28th.
- Flight tickets are excluded. The winner is responsible for his/her own travel arrangements, flights, spending money, transport to and from the venue and items of a personal nature.
- The prize is valid as per the prize letter which will be awarded and cannot be transferred.
- South African Airways reserves the right to withdraw and/or alter any of the terms & conditions of this offer at any time without prior notice.
- The winners will be randomly selected.
- The winners will be announced on the 25th September 2019 by 14h00.
- Winners will be notified as soon as the decision is made via e-mail or telephone or social media.
- If the winner does not respond to the notification within three hours, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frame listed shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- By accepting the prize, winners agree that South African Airways will be entitled to publish their names and photographs at no cost, in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the end of the competition period.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion is open to Voyager members downloading the Voyager Mobile App from the 26-28 September 2019 by visiting SAA Voyager stand at the Joy of Jazz event.
- This promotion is also open to newly enrolled Voyager members who download and enroll on the App during the Joy of Jazz festival.
- Newly enrolled members and customers who reactivate their account by updating personal details stand a chance of winning 50 000 Voyager Miles.
- The prize is for one lucky customer and is not transferrable.
- 1 draw entry for downloads and/or enrolments completed on 26-28 September 2019.
- 1 winner will be picked from the entrants received on 26-28 September 2019 through a random selection.
- Winners will be announced 4 October 2019.
- Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email and announced on FlySAA various social media pages.
- The competition is open to persons 18 years and older
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- SAA Voyager reserves the right to withdraw this competition at anytime
- Only valid Voyager numbers will qualify for the draw.
All participants and winners indemnify the organisers, associated companies (South African Airways) their advertising and promotion agencies, and their directors, officers, employees and agents, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with their participation in any way whatsoever in this promotion.
South African Airways reserves the right at any time prior to final draw, to vary the nature of the competition or the prizes or to vary these terms and conditions or to withdraw the competition. In such event, all participants hereby waive any rights that they may have against South African Airways hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against South African Airways, their directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, sponsors, agents or consultants. Any amended terms and conditions published in any media will form part of the terms and conditions of the competition, to which terms entrants agree the competition is subject.
Employees of SAA and their advertising and promotion agencies, associated companies and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter the competition.
Cape Town: Sales period until 31 January 2020. Travel period until 31 January 2020. Applicable fares are day specific. Changes permitted anytime at a charge of R350 per change #. Anytime the airfare and carrier imposed fee is non-refundable.
Durban: Sales period until 31 January 2020. Travel period until 31 January 2020.Changes permitted anytime at a charge of R350 per change #. Cancellation: Anytime the airfare and carrier imposed fee is non-refundable. Fare levels are flight and day specific.
East London: Sales period until 31 January 2020. Travel period until 31 January 2020. Changes permitted anytime at a charge of R350 excluding VAT per change #. Cancellation: Anytime the airfare and carrier imposed fee is non-refundable. Fare levels are flight and day specific.
Port Elizabeth: Sales period until 31 January 2020. Travel period until 31 January 2020. Changes: Any time permitted at a charge of R 350 excl Vat per change. Cancellation: Anytime the airfare and carrier imposed fee is non-refundable*