Best Fare Terms and Conditions
After booking directly with www.flysaa.com, should the Base Fare* of your booking be found cheaper (by the minimum proposed values in the grid below) on a Third Party website†, a completed claim form must be submitted before midnight on the same day of booking.
Minimun base fare difference:
|RSA||UK||USA||Europe||Australia||New Zealand||Rest of the world|
To qualify, the booking must be for the same route, flights, travellers, fare conditions, booking class, cabin class, base fare, reservation dates and currency.
SAA will refund double the difference between the Base Fare* on your flysaa.com booking and the Third Party Base Fare.
South African Airways will verify the comparison rate within 72 hours of receiving your claim and notify you of the results.
The guarantee applies to published South African Airways fares only. It does not apply to:
- Fares from any other airline including SA Express, Airlink, Mango and our codeshare partners.
- Fares that may be found on auction websites or sites that do not display the name of the airline company until after purchase.
- Closed user group discounts or upgrade offers.
- To all reservations globally on www.flysaa.com.
- Negotiated fares such as government, corporate, consolidator etc.
- Third Party websites that do not display a price breakdown. The base fare* must be clearly displayed on the website, separately from taxes, fees and surcharges.
- Third Party websites that do not display an office adress on their website or do display an an office address but in a different country to that of the Purchased Fare**.
- Inclusive fares or package fares that may include a car, hotel and other non-flight products.
- Void where prohibited by law. South African Airways reserves the right to modify or cancel the guarantee at any time without prior notice.
Definitions † Third Party Website A website not run by SAA or is not an SAA affiliate website. A website that sells SAA operated flights in the public domain. Websites that aim to mislead the public and/or not conduct business in a disingenuous way will not be considered. Does not include auction websites Does not display the name of the airline until after purchase Displays an office address on their website, and such office address must be in the same country as the Purchased Fare. Displays the total fare of the booking plus a breakdown of this fare. The base fare must be clearly displayed on the website, separately from taxes, fees and surcharges. Displays the value of the booking in the same currency as the Purchased Fare. Does not use a currency converter * Base fare
The base fare is the fare SAA or a third party website will charge, excluding taxes, fees and surcharges. Such taxes, fees and surcharges can include, but are not limited to fuel surcharges, carrier imposed fees, airport taxes, government taxes and safety and service charges. The booking and credit card fees charged separately by Third Party websites will be considered as part of the Third Party base fare.
On flysaa.com, the base fare is displayed before and after a booking is made. Before a booking is made, the base fare can be found when clicking on “Booking Details” on the “1. Select” page of the booking process. Once in “Booking Details” a breakdown of the price is offered in the Price section as part of a drop down for each passenger type.
After the booking has been made, the base fare is displayed on the e-ticket. The base fare is not the same as Air Transportation Charges.In the event there is a discrepancy over the fare that has been charged, the e-ticket should be used as the truest representation of what the customer has paid.
** Purchased Fare The fare that was purchased on flysaa.com relevant to the claim. Time of Booking On flysaa.com a booking can be made but payment can be administered at a later date. Time of booking refers to the date and time when the initial booking was made and an email was received containing the Booking Reference number.
- To be eligible for SAA's Best Fare Guarantee Refund (BFGR) you must have booked and made full payment for your Qualifying Flight(s) on flysaa.com com using a credit card or PayPal (where available), in the currency of your departure country.
- BFGR only applies to the flight component of your booking with South African Airways and does not apply to any land products (being hotel, car hire, travel insurance or other non-flight products or services) purchased by you from South African Airways.
- This BFGR is subject to you complying with South African Airways' Terms and Conditions for the booking of flights online at flysaa.com.
- The qualifying flight(s) include one way or return and must be operated solely by South African Airways. SAA flights with four digit numbers are operated as codeshare services with other airlines and are excluded from BFGR.
- You will be governed by the terms and conditions applicable in the country of departure on your Purchased Fare.
- If you find the base fare of an SAA flight cheaper (by the minimum proposed values in the grid below) on a Third Party website, SAA will refund double the difference between the flysaa.com base fare and the third party base fare. The booking and credit card fees charged separately by Third Party websites will be considered as part of the Third Party base fare.
RSA UK USA Europe Australia New Zealand Rest of the world ZAR50 GBP5 USD20 EUR10 AUD25 NZD25 USD20
To be eligible to apply for such a refund:
- The Third Party Fare must be for exactly the same itinerary as the Purchased Fare including, the same flight(s), same date(s), same route, same class of travel, same booking class, same cabin class, same number of type of travellers, same fare conditions, same base fare, same reservation dates and same currency.
- The Third Party Fare must exist at the same time that the Purchased Fare is booked.
- The Third Party Fare must be in the same currency as the Purchased Fare and include a breakdown of all taxes, fees, surcharges and charges applied to the payment method used for the purchased fare. Claims from foreign based Third Party websites which use currency converters will not be eligible.
- The Third Party Fare must be available from a website that is based in the same country of departure as the Purchased Fare.
- The Third Party Fare must be bookable online. Any Third Party Fare that can be viewed but cannot be booked and paid online will be excluded from BFGR.
- To qualify for a refund you must complete the online claim form in English and SAA must receive your claim form by midnight of the same day you booked your Purchased Fare using the time zone of your departure country. You need to retain a screen shot or a print out which shows the price breakdown i.e. the base fare, taxes, fees and surcharges of the Third Party Fare. SAA requires this screen shot to help verify your claim. SAA will independently confirm the legitimacy of the screen shot and will verify any request that it believes, in its sole discretion, is the result of a printing or other error or is made fraudulently or not in good faith. Any incomplete claim forms or any other form of claim will not be accepted.
- Claims can only be accepted through the online form. No telephone BFGR claims will be accepted. Incomplete BFGR forms will be ineligible. SAA is not responsible for any BFGR forms which are not received or delayed in transmission. Multiple claim submissions will not be eligible.
- SAA will verify that your Third Party Fare meets all the criteria set out in these terms and conditions and you will be notified whether or not you have qualified for a refund within 72 hours of submitting your claim form.
- If the claim meets all the Terms and Conditions of the BFG, a refund of double the difference between the Purchased Fare (base fare) on flysaa.com and the total cost of the Third Party Fare will be credited to the holder of the credit/debit card that was used to pay for the booking at www.flysaa.com within 28 days of the claim having been verified by SAA.
- The refund of double the difference between the Purchased Base Fare on flysaa.com and the Third Party Base Fare is the sole and exclusive compensation that will be made to qualified claimants who show that SAA failed to meet its Best Fare Guarantee.
- Best Fare Guarantee will not apply in the following situations:
- To any fare offered outside of the public domain or special eligibility fares including (but not limited to) third party promotion fares, corporate discount fares, affiliate, wholesale, opaque agencies, consolidator and group fares.
- The Third Party Fare makes use of fares that are not published and are not available to the general public. These include, but are not limited to: corporate discount fares, staff fares, consolidator fares, wholesaler fares, student fares and closed user group fares.
- Fares that may be found on auction websites or sites that do not display the name of the airline company until after purchase
- Negotiated fares such as government and corporate
- If the Purchased Fare or Third Party Fare has been discounted by the use of frequent flyer miles, Business Rewards miles, currency of any type of any loyalty program, coupons or any other offers or discounts
- If either the Purchased Fare or Third Party Fare make up part of a travel package where the flights are included
- If you have requested a refund or cancellation of any section of the itinerary or subsequently made any amendments to the Purchased Fare
- If SAA, using reasonable endeavours, is unable to verify that the Third Party Fare was bookable online on the date of your claim
- ** Claim forms must be submitted no later than midnight of the same day as booking the flysaa.com Purchased fare. Though only Purchased fares using a credit card or Paypal are eligible, the time of payment is not relevant. Only the time of booking is relevant.
- Fares from any other airline including, but not limited to, SA Express, SA Airlink, Mango and SAA's codeshare partners.
- Inclusive fares or package fares that may include a car, hotel and other non-flight products.
- The Third Party Fare is offered under any promotion with a third party (including, but not limited to, promotions with newspapers, exhibitions or other special events),
- Any interpretation of these terms and conditions is solely reserved to SAA and no correspondence will be entered into.
- South African Airways reserves the right to modify or cancel the Best Fare Guarantee at any time without prior notice.