Help us make sure your baggage gets there with you.
Labelling your baggage and packing tips
Make your bag easy to recognise and distinguishable from others by tagging the outside with a colourful ribbon and by using a name tag. This will make it easier to quickly identify your bag, especially in the unfortunate event of it being lost or misplaced.
On your name tag include details such as:
- Contact Details
- E-mail address
- Destination address
Valuables like these should NOT be packed in your check-in luggage but rather in your hand luggage.
- Legal Documents i.e. Passport
- Cash / Cards
Security and Hand Luggage
- Always ensure that your bag is locked before check-in as this acts as a deterrent.
- It is suggested that customers make use of the wrapping service provided at the airport as an additional preventative measure against damage and pilferage.
- Due to limited space in the overhead compartments, your hand luggage may be placed in the cargo hold.
- Please ensure that you remove all valuables from your hand luggage before it is taken for stowage in the cargo hold.
- Ask for an airline tag with your name and flight details.
- Liquids, aerosols and gels measuring more than 100ml are not allowed in hand luggage. For international travel, if they measure less than 100ml they must be secured in a re-sealable, plastic storage bag.
Economy Class1 to 2 pieces at 23kg each.
Business Class1 to 2 pieces at 32kg each.
Infants not entitled to seat1 piece at 23kg plus a pram.
*Baggage allowance terms and conditions apply.
Reporting Mishandled Baggage
Report your mishandled baggage at the Baggage Enquiries Desk at the airport.
A file will be created for tracing purposes.
Customer’s personal and travel information will be key.
For further enquiries please contact us on:
Baggage Services Call Centre: 27 11 978 3733
Baggage Enquiries: Baggageservices@flysaa.com