The SAA Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
South African Airways will not assume responsibility to the member (or any Person nominated by them for an Award Certificate) for any indirect, consequential or special damages, howsoever caused, whether arising from any act or omission of South African Airways, or any third party for whom South African Airways is vicariously responsible (contractually or otherwise).
Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, Voyager shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the service or content provided from and through this web site. Furthermore, Voyager makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this web site are free from error or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free.
- Voyager protects a user's privacy.
- No personal information will be disclosed to third parties without the user's permission or due process, however, Voyager may share personal information with business partners.
- Voyager gathers and will be in possession of the following private and personal information of users and passengers:
- Information provided by the user voluntarily - this information is used to provide a better service to users; and
- Information automatically provided (eg cookies) - this information is gathered to better your browsing and interaction with Voyager. Cookies cannot harm your computer or carry viruses.
- By using this web site the User consents to the following:
- Voyager may use your personal information to communicate with the user from time to time. Users may indicate if they do not wish to receive such communications;
- Fly SAA may use user's information for non-personal statistical purposes;
- Fly SAA retains the copyright in databases of personal information of users; and
- Voyager may share user's information with business partners for commercial reasons.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- All reasonable steps will be taken to secure a user's information.
- User's undertake not to divulge their user name and passwords to any other person.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised damaging or malicious code to this web site. Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be held criminally liable, and in the event that Voyager should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.
The flysaa.com Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.
The information in this e-mail which includes any attachments is
- may be privileged and
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If this e-mail is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute, or disclose the included information to anyone. Neither South African Airways, nor any related entity will be held liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of your reliance on the information contained in this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you are requested to advise the sender by return and delete this e-mail and any enclosed data from all storage media. Any disclosure of confidential or privileged information transmitted herewith may result in legal proceedings being instituted against the recipient hereof.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted electronically, and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, South African Airways will not be held liable for any loss or damages caused of whatsoever nature arising out of information or data that is, for whatever reason, intercepted, corrupted, infected with a computer virus or does not reach its intended destination, timeously or at all. It is the responsibility of the named recipient(s) to ensure that this e-mail and its contents are virus free.
Unless the sender of this e-mail is duly authorised by South African Airways to send this e-mail and unless the content of this e-mail is also duly authorised by South African Airways, any views or undertakings expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender in his or her personal capacity and South African Airways will not be held liable for any loss or damages arising there from of whatsoever nature. Any recipient of an e-mail which constitutes spam contains infringing or offensive content of any nature is requested to report the matter to South African Airways. No one may conclude any binding agreement on behalf of South African Airways with another party by e-mail without express written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of South African Airways.
This notice also serves to inform any person who intends to use the e-mail system provided by South African Airways that any e-mail communication so sent may be intercepted in accordance with applicable provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act 70 of 2002. Persons corresponding with SAA by e-mail are advised that all e-mail received into SAA and sent out from SAA, is archived. SAA reserves the right to institute legal proceedings against the sender for any use of this email facility contrary to the acceptable use policy.
Advance Seat Reservation – Terms and Conditions
Advance Seat Reservation (ASR) is only available on flights operated by South African Airways (SAA) and 083 validated ticket stock with the following seating options: standard seat, extra legroom and emergency exit row seats.
- Seat Selection is subject to the availability of requested seats and is available on a per sector basis only. Price is per seat, per sector.
- Passengers who do not wish to purchase ASR can choose their seats free of charge (except exit row seats) when they check‐in online 24 hours prior to departure, or at the airport, subject to availability.
- Seat Selection does not necessarily include all passengers in a booking unless expressly selected. Accordingly, SAA cannot guarantee that all parties in a booking will be seated together. Individual passengers in a single booking may request different types of seats e.g. standard seat and Exit Row Seat. The applicable seat charges will apply to each seat type.
- Unaccompanied minors are exempt from the ASR charge and a seat will be allocated to them free of charge.
- Passengers who wish to sit next to each other, but have made separate bookings, will need to request their individual seats independently. SAA is not able to advise on the seat selection of passengers on other bookings. SAA is, furthermore, unable to link separate bookings. Accordingly, if you have paid to sit next to other passengers in a different booking, SAA will not be able to seat you back together with the passengers you were originally seated with.
- Passengers who have specific needs should directly contact the SAA Contact Centre (or their travel agent) to allow SAA to assist with the allocation of an appropriate seat.
- Seat requests cannot be guaranteed as they may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
- Seat selection is not transferable to another passenger.
- Seat selection is non-refundable unless:
- SAA changes the passenger seat for operational, safety or security reasons (even after boarding the aircraft), and SAA is unable to seat the passenger in a suitable alternative.
- There is a flight disruption causing the passenger to be moved to another flight and SAA is unable to seat the passenger in a suitable alternative on your new flight.
- SAA moves the passenger to a flight not operated by SAA.
- SAA moves the passenger to a seat in a higher cabin, either for operational reasons or as a goodwill gesture.
- If SAA changes the passenger’s seat for operational, safety or security reasons or if the passenger is affected by a flight disruption, the affected passenger may apply for a refund after departure by contacting SAA’s Reservation’s Call Centre or emailing the request to email@example.com . Refund requests must be lodged no later than 3 months after the affected flight.
- Once a passenger has selected and paid for a specific seat, passenger may select a different seat in the same flight and cabin of equal value to the original seat purchased.
- If a passenger chooses to change flights, they may select a seat of equal value of the new flight with the same routing. If the seat of equal value is not available, the value is non-refundable.
- Once a passenger has selected and paid for a specific seat, they cannot move to an available seat of higher value within the same cabin (for example an Extra Legroom Seat).
- If the passenger elects to pay to move to a higher cabin or booking class where seat selection is free, they are entitled to apply for a refund, if seat selection was purchased.
Additional Requirements and Conditions for Exit Row Seats.
In order to sit in the Emergency Exit Row Seat, passengers shall comply with all legal and safety standards:
- Passengers must be at least 16 years or older at the time of flying and acknowledge the exit row briefing given by cabin crew once on board the aircraft.
- Passengers must be willing to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency and be able to speak and understand English and carry out instructions. In the event of an emergency, passengers have to be able to check outside conditions and react to cabin crew commands and be able to reach, open, lift and throw out an exit door that weighs up to 27kg (60lbs).
- Passengers cannot sit in the emergency exit row if they have any permanent or temporary impairment, for example, deaf, hearing impaired, blind, vision-impaired, any strength or mobility limitation, intellectual impairment or be travelling with a service dog
- Passengers travelling with someone who needs their assistance in an emergency or passengers who are seated with an infant or passengers who require an extension seat belt, will not be eligible to be seated in an Exit Row Seat.
- SAA has the sole discretion, at check-in or boarding, to determine whether a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an Exit Row Seat. If the passenger does not meet the requirements, they will be assigned a different seat.
- A boarding pass for an exit row seat will only be issued once a SAA staff member confirms all safety criteria are met as outlined in our terms and conditions.
- If a SAA staff member confirms that the passenger does not meet any of the required safety criteria, SAA may re-assign the passenger to a regular economy seat before or during the journey without refund of the Exit Row Seat reservation fees. These important safety requirements mean that notwithstanding the fact that passengers will be able to use Web and Kiosk check-in, where there are identified issues on-board the aircraft, passengers may be moved if they do not meet the exit row seating criteria.
- If a passenger becomes unable to meet all physical and legal safety requirements to sit in an exit row seat they must give SAA 72 hours’ notice, further to which they will be moved to a standard seat and refunded the Exit Row Seat fee.
To protect users and the brand, all of South African Airways social media platforms – South African Airways are actively moderated according to the policies set out below. Social Media House Rules need to be hosted on flysaa.com, which can be linked to from within each SAA social media account’s Bio.
If any post violates these policies, it will be removed. Continuous violation by a user may result in that user being blocked. We do not want to ‘police’ our social media environments, we welcome and encourage your comments, complaints or compliments; we just want to keep the environment free from distastefulness.
The policies are:
1. No hate speech;
2. No swearing, or explicit or profane content;
3. No personal attacks. No threatening or disparaging an individual or group based on their race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation;
4. No spam or other promotional content not relevant to South African Airways. (i.e. any business-related or otherwise promotional links that are not relevant to South African Airways will be removed);
5. No posts linking to malicious files or software that may damage users' computers;
6. No pornographic references, either written or visual;
7. No gratuitous or violent imagery, nor commentary;
8. We value the privacy of all our users. Any content revealing personal information such as the names of third parties, phone numbers, addresses, credit card details or any content that invades others' privacy will be removed;
9. By posting on this page, you grant South African Airways and its respective entities a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irreversible license to reproduce, transmit, display, disclose and otherwise use your communications.
SAA reserves the right to modify or change these conditions at any time.