Options de paiement
At South African Airways paying for your tickets is as easy as booking them. We offer a variety of payment options:
- Credit Card
- Pay Later
- Retail Store payments (available in South Africa only)
- Bank Transfer
- PayPal (select countries)
- MasterPass (available in South Africa only)
Please bear in mind, SAA does not accept payment by cheque in South Africa.
Once payment has been successfully processed, your e-ticket(s) will be emailed to you. If you do not receive your e-ticket number(s) within 12 hours, please contact your nearest SAA office.
- When it’s time to check in for international travel, simply present your e-ticket receipt and passport.
- For domestic travel, present either your green bar-coded identity, smart ID, birth certificate in the case of minors, passport or driver’s licence for identification.
- We recommend that you bring along your e-ticket receipt when you travel, in case you are requested to present it.
Failure to comply with any of these requirements will result in the boarding pass NOT being issued.
Take note: For credit card transactions in foreign currency your bank may charge you additional fees which are not included in the total amount shown on your booking confirmation.
Our Pay Later option is designed for your convenience. You can book your flight online and pay later on flysaa.com by using our 'Booking Management' or at any SAA Airport Ticket Sales, City Ticketing Office (CTO) or Retail Store, where available.
- Tickets may only be paid for and collected in the country where your journey originates.
- Reservations not paid for within 24 or 72 hours (where applicable) will automatically be cancelled without any further notice.
- Payment can only be made using a method accepted where you pick up your booking.
Note: Payment at a City Ticketing Office (CTO) in South Africa is not available.
We offer you the advantage of paying for your ticket at your favourite retail store. Simply visit your nearest Pick n Pay, Boxer, Ackermans, Makro, Spar or PEP store, and present your e-mail confirmation and your 17 digit reference number to pay for your ticket.
Your itinerary and SAA receipt will be e-mailed to you once your e-ticket has been issued.
- Retail store payments are only available in South Africa
- This service is only available for reservations made through flysaa.com or the Customer Contact Centre.
- A Service Fee of R150 (inclusive of VAT) per transaction will be charged for customers who purchase a ticket at a retail store.
- If you want to do a part payment for only selected passengers in a reservation, please contact your nearest call centre.
- Locate your closest Pick n Pay, Boxer , Ackermans, Makro, Spar and PEP Stores
We offer you the advantage of paying for your ticket via Bank Transfer. Should we not receive payment within the time specified in your booking confirmation, your reservation will be auto-cancelled without further notice.
In Nigeria we offer bank transfers through Quickteller.com/Paydirect (at any branch bank) or into the following bank accounts: Citibank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Access Bank PLC
In order to complete your booking please transfer the equivalent of your fare in Cedi's to either of the following bank accounts: Stanbic Bank Ghana Ltd or Standard Chartered Bank
PayPal is the global leader in online payments. A safer, easier way to pay and get paid online without exposing your credit card or bank account number.
It also gives customers the flexibility to pay in any way they prefer. Over 168 million people use PayPal to send and receive money.
This payment option is accepted for revenue ticket purchases on flysaa.com, and is available to customers whose travel originates from the UK, USA, Europe, Australia, Ireland, Angola, Zimbabwe, Uganda, DRC, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia or Brazil.
- Speed through checkout whenever you shop online.
- Pay with your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover), debit card (for UK customers, this includes Maestro, Solo, and Visa Electron)
- 100% protection against any unauthorised payments sent from your account.
- Every purchase confirmed with an email receipt
- No need to retype your financial information
Frequently Asked Questions
If I select PayPal as my payment method, how will I be charged?
With PayPal, you can choose to pay with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover), debit card (for UK customers, this includes Maestro, Solo, and Visa Electron), your bank account, or any unused balance you have in your PayPal account. A processing fee may apply and this varies for each region.
Can I use PayPal in combination with other forms of payment when purchasing my ticket(s)?
I don't have a PayPal account. Can I still choose PayPal as my payment method?
Yes. Simply select PayPal as your payment option and you will be guided through the easy signup process on PayPal's website. Signing up for a PayPal account takes just a few minutes to complete, and it's free.
Are there any additional service fees?
There are no service fees from SAA to use this service. However, a cost may be incurred as a PayPal registered customer. For more information on PayPal costs visit www.paypal.com.
What do I need at the airport check-in?
On the day of departure you only need to present a valid form of identification, such as an ID book, driver's license or passport (for international travel), and the e-ticket receipt.
How can I obtain a refund if I cancel my ticket?
To obtain a refund for tickets purchased with PayPal, you will need to submit your request through the South African Airways Refunds Department, by e-mailing email@example.com. If you request a refund via our Call Centres, our Refunds department will contact you to request a faxed or e-mailed copy your bank statement/ cancelled cheque/ letter from the bank, if you paid by debit card, or your credit card statement/ letter from the bank, if you paid using a credit card.
Note: This service is only available for reservations made through flysaa.com.
Can I check in online if I paid for my ticket using PayPal as a payment method?
Can I do a part payment for only selected passengers in a reservation?
Yes, but you need to do this through the Reservations Call Centre.
With MasterPass™, SAA is re-inventing how you pay for your flights. Use your digital wallet to pay for your airline ticket from any mobile-optimised device, including tablets and smartphones.
- Click on 'Book now' to complete your payment.
- You will then be redirected to the secure MasterPass™ website. Select your preferred payment method.
- Upon confirmation of your booking, you will receive a notification once your booking is confirmed and payment has been successfully processed. You have 15 minutes to conclude your transaction before the QR code expires.
- MasterPass™ payments are only available in South Africa
- UATP is a global corporate travel payment solution owned and operated by the world’s airlines. The UATP Network consists of global airlines that issue charge cards accepted by thousands of merchants around the world for air, rail and travel agency payments. Corporations worldwide use UATP cards to purchase and track travel. UATP lowers the cost of accepting travel payment and will expand corporate market share with increased sales.Use UATP to maximize control and savings:
How to use UATP:
- Global acceptance
- Easy billing reconciliation and improve cost controls
- Receive detailed reports for all air and rail travel
- Reduce T&E spending through better compliance of policies
- Manage corporate spend in less time
On the Payment page, select UATP as the form of payment from the available choices. Enter the UATP card information and submit payment as you would with a credit card.
Purchasing or collecting a ticket at Airport Ticket Sales or Customer Contact Centre may incur a service fee.
Airport Ticket Sales:
Domestic departures: R250 per ticket (inclusive of VAT)
International departures: R500 per ticket (inclusive of VAT)
Customer Contact Centre:
Domestic departures: R100 per ticket (inclusive of VAT)
International and regional departures: R250 per ticket (inclusive of VAT)
Please note: Service fees are not applicable when you pay online using Booking Management
Rest of the world
Please check with your local SAA office on these costs and whether it is applicable.