Vuelo directo a su carrera profesional
Pilots joining South African Airways become part of an operation characterised by a world class reputation for safety, efficiency and customer service. We offer our pilots exciting career development prospects and choice of fleet types and a route network covering both long haul and short haul flying. Our pilot jobs provide professional stability, job security and exciting and rewarding careers which is why becoming an SAA pilot is one of the most sought after occupations in the commercial aviation sector. SAA offers a competitive salary with additional allowances based upon the number of duty and flying hours that are achieved.
The minimum requirements for entry into SAA as a pilot are
- Matriculation Certificate / Grade 12 / N3 or equivalent qualification (SAQA accredited)
- Compulsory subjects: Mathematics or Statistics 101 and English (D symbol on higher grade or C symbol on standard grade) coupled with one of the following: Physical Science or Computer Science (D symbol on higher grade or C symbol on standard grade)
- Valid South African Air Transport Pilot’s Licence (frozen ATPL) with multi engine instrument rating
- Valid class 1 medical
- At least 1, 500 flying hours which includes a minimum of 200 hours on multi-engine aircraft
- Must be a South African Citizen.
Documentation requirements for application
A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with specific reference to the following aspects
- Aviation training history
- A summary of all the types of aircrafts flown
- The number of hours flown in each aircraft
- Aviation career history and
- Any other employment history
Certified copies of the following documents must accompany your application
- Last page of the logbook
- South African Identity Document
- Pilot License
- Matric Certificate
- Other certificates of formal educational qualifications and
- A passport size photograph
SAA cabin crew are required to be professional, friendly individuals who deliver a personalised, consistent service to our customers on board our aircraft. Our cabin crew are more than just the airline brand ambassadors, they represent the South African nation; they reflect the colourful cultures of the nation, the warm African hospitality and the beauty of our land. At SAA we regard it a privilege to be an SAA cabin crew member and with this privilege comes an enormous amount of responsibility. Cabin crew are required to be well groomed, medically fit and should maintain a healthy lifestyle. They need to be able to manage fatigue, jet lag, and ensure that they are sufficiently rested before each duty.
The SAA cabin crew travel to international destinations, meet interesting people, stay in excellent hotels and experience different cultures and places. Yet the job is also challenging - they sometimes have to forego family get-togethers; birthdays and other social activities. Whilst on duty, they are expected to deal with emergencies, turbulence, sick passengers, and possible conflict amongst flight occupants, delays, tiredness and loneliness may also occur.
If this exciting, challenging career is for you, you need to obtain distinctions in Aviation Medicine training, safety and emergency procedures training, and SAA service procedures training. You also need to pass the South African Civil Aviation Authority Licensing Assessments. All training is given after the recruitment process once an incumbent starts their job.
Before applying for a Cabin Crew position; the candidate must meet the following requirements
- You must have a Grade 12 or equivalent diploma
- Pass in English at Grade 12 level (or equivalent)
- Pass the SAA English Language Proficiency Test
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Safety orientated
- Culturally sensitive
- You must have the ability to work under pressure
- No negative findings on SAA’s pre-employment checks (criminal, credit and qualification checks)
- Must be medically fit
- With a minimum height of 1.58m
- Be a competent swimmer
SAA offers a plethora of opportunities for those who fit the criteria of joining the team.
Click here to find see the current opportunities available. Good luck!