Your loyalty benefits and rewards remain secure
As the implementation of South African Airways’ (SAA) Business Rescue Plan nears finalisation, the last few outstanding administrative matters are being concluded before the airline’s new management can take over the restructured airline.
We value your journey with us, our most loyal customer. Amidst the ongoing global travel restrictions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and the particular constraints of SAA, we have made concessions to safe-guard your hard-earned loyalty benefits and rewards.
It gives us great pleasure to confirm further changes to the Voyager programme.
Loyalty benefits and rewards
The below extensions are presented as a gesture of goodwill, whilst the global travel restrictions remain and air travel is limited:
Accruals and Redemptions of Miles
- Your tier status is extended from 31 December 2021 to 31 December 2022;
- Voyager Miles which were due to expire on 31 March 2021, are extended to 31 March 2022;
- The validity of unused Star Alliance Awards and any other airline Awards is extended from 31 March 2021 to 31 March 2022;
- The validity of unused Car Rental Awards is extended from 31 March 2021 to 31 March 2022;
- Companion tickets for Nedbank co-branded credit and cheque cardholders:
- Awards earned during 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021, will be extended for an additional year – thus a two-year validity period; and
- Awards expired or expiring between 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021, have been extended for an additional year.
The ability to earn Voyager Miles through our various Voyager programme partners continues. Please check our website for the most updated information regarding changes to the Voyager programme partners.
Redemption of Voyager Miles remains suspended until SAA formally announces its resumption date of service, which will serve as the activation date to make your Voyager Miles available for usage.
Customer service support
The Voyager call centres and support services will remain inaccessible until SAA announces the resumption date of service.
SAA operational updates
Please refer to the SAA website www.flysaa.com
for the latest updates on flight schedules and/or refund policies.
We trust that these concessions will be well received by you and look forward to engaging again in the near future!
Forever part of your journey!