SAA Voyager flight simulator Redemption Experience
Have you always wondered how it’s like to be a pilot and fly an aeroplane? SAA Voyager is excited to introduce the SAA Flight Simulator experience as a redemption option to Voyager members effective 01 December 2018.
What does the experience include?
The experience is a 1-hour session including 15 minutes of briefing, which allows you and two of your friends or family members to be briefed by a qualified Flight Engineer, where you will have an option to choose the route - airport to airport or circuits, that you can fly to. What is more exciting is that you can even choose the weather pattern, and many other flying options.
How to book for your flight Simulator Experience?
The partnership is web-driven through flysaa.com, and Voyager Member will receive confirmation of an award withdrawal and the simulator team will also receive copy which will be marked used once the member has claimed the award.
The member will contact the simulator team to make a booking and confirmation and fulfilment of the simulator will be handled by the simulator team. The award is non-reversible and member will have 3 months in which to use the award, as per normal SAA Voyager Terms and Conditions.
- This service is only available in Johannesburg.
- The Member will call the Simulators Section to make a booking on the following number +27 11 978 5705 during office hours (08h00 and 15h00)), alternatively email Simulators at Simulators@flysaa.com.
- The Simulator Administrator will provide the Reference Number to the Member and advise the Member to arrive at least 20 Minutes before the scheduled time.
- The Simulator Administrator will update the Simulator Schedule to Reflect the Booking.
- If the booking is after hours, the team will prepare an authorization letter for the member.
Simulator Experience Day
The Voyager Member and/or his guests will be collected by the Designated Engineer from the SAA Security Reception.
The Designate Engineer performs a briefing session of no more than 20 minutes covering the following:
- Safety features of the Full Flight Simulator.
- Background of the Aircraft Type being flown.
- Flight Controls.
VOYAGER REDEMPTION PROCESS
- The Voyager Member will log onto the South African Airways website www.flysaa.com.
- The Member will click on the Voyager link on the top right corner of the screen.
- The Voyager page will open.
- The Member will then update the Voyager number and Member PIN in the boxes provided.
- The Voyager welcome page will open giving the Member access to their personal voyager account.
- The Member will click on “issue” Non Air Award.
- The “non-Air” award screen will open.
- The Member will choose “lifestyle award” from the drop down menu and click on “continue”.
- Select the award (the applicable miles will be displayed on the menu)
- 25 000 Voyager Miles will be required for the award. (For the duration of the February promotion)
- Enter Flight Simulator Reservation number
- Enter Last Name
- A pop up box will appear “to ensure that the surname is correct” as the awards are non-refundable.
- The Member will click on “ok”:
The Member will then choose the award type from the drop down menu and enter the following details: -
The Member will then click on “continue”. A system generated email will be triggered and sent to the Flight Simulator team as notification of the successful award extraction.
Terms & Conditions apply