Speedy Self-service Check-in Kiosks
Self-service check-in kiosks are located at:
- Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport (Durban)
- Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport)
- Port Elizabeth
- Sao Paulo
Passengers holding an e-ticket can use these kiosks to check in and obtain a boarding pass in as little as 20 seconds.
Self-service Check-in Kiosks Benefits
Check-in up to 90 minutes before departure for SAA domestic flights. Follow these simple steps:
Choose from the following check-in methods
- Check in by reference number
- Check in by e-ticket number
- Check in by Voyager membership number (if used when making the booking)
- Check in by passport number (if used when making the booking)
Identify yourself by entering your:
- Reservation number (six alpha-numeric digits printed on itinerary receipt or six alpha-numeric digit vendor registration number if your ticket was issued by a travel agent)
- Voyager membership number
- e-ticket (13 digit number in the case of SAA tickets, starts with an 083) or passport (if used when making the booking)
If multiple passengers are booked, you have the option to select the passengers you would like to check in. You also have the option to check in passengers from multiple bookings at once (up to 9 passengers).
Confirm flight details on screen. If you have a return flight booked for the same day you may also choose to check in for the return flight.
You will be assigned a seat automatically if no seat reservation was requested when the booking was made. At this point, you may change your pre-assigned seat to another seat from the selection of seats available.
Your boarding pass will be printed. If a credit card was used to make a flight booking, it must be inserted in the credit card slot at the kiosk when requested, for verification, unless the ticket was purchased by someone else on your behalf, and the 'sponsored' option was selected.
Once a passenger is familiar with the system, the entire self-check-in procedure will take approximately 15-20 seconds.
Although passengers are not required to produce any form of identification during self-check-in, they may be asked to do so at the boarding gates. It is illegal to check in under someone else's name or to allow another person to travel on your booking.
Passengers must ensure their boarding passes have an e-ticket number (e.g. 0831234567891) printed on the boarding pass or a paper ticket inserted in the boarding pass holder.
If neither of these is adhered to, the passenger will be sent back to the check-in counters and not allowed to board the aircraft.
Customer self-service check-in will be available for international travel in the future.