South African Airways’ (SAA) Domestic, Regional and International operations have moved to one central terminal building at O.R. Tambo International Airport (ORTIA), Terminal B. SAA’s sales desk is also situated in the terminal.
Irrespective of where you are travelling to, for your convenience you will check-in for the flight in one terminal. This will also include all of the services SAA renders to other carries in Johannesburg.
The advantages of combined operations are:
- Easy access for SAA passengers from road and the airport parkade
- Improved service to passengers
- Easy orientation for the traveling public approaching the terminal and within the building
- Improved queue management and reduced congestion with better use of both domestic and international staff at one terminal
- Improved aircraft on-time departure performance
The move is in response to changes at the airport where terminals will no longer be used exclusively to process international or domestic passengers.
By using facilities to process both international and domestic flights the airport will be able to maximize operational efficiencies and improve overall customer service. This way the reliance on airport construction will be reduced