SAA Internship Program
The SAA Internship Program is a unique opportunity to gain business skills in the aviation industry. We provide interns with valuable work experience for a limited period (minimum 6 months and maximum one year). Apart from practical hands-on work experience and in-depth knowledge gained, they benefit from being exposed to the world of work and the aviation environment in particular.
Upon completion of the Internship Programme, interns will be better prepared for a work role in their career fields of study.
The career fields within the SAA Group that support the Internship Programme include:
- Accounting Mathematics or Statistics
- Computer Science or Information Systems Human Resources or Psychology
- Economics Marketing or Communications
- Engineering Management Science
- Law Risk Management
- Other financial business-related fields e.g. Commerce Professional Cookery
- Aviation Operations Transport and logistics
- Supply Chain Management
Internship Programme Benefits
The Programme will provide you with the following benefits:
- You will gain an understanding of the working world from a perspective of “what can I do with my qualification?”
- You will gain exposure to your field of expertise
- You will acquire critical business competencies
- The Internship Programme may open the door to future potential working opportunities within SAA (although this is not guaranteed)
- You will add a valuable reference to your CV as you will have worked for a premium brand
“My experience at SAA as an intern was amazing. I learned a lot about IT processes and I gained a lot of exposure working on IT-related projects.”
Joanaydia Bottman, SAA IT Intern, 2012
Who are we looking for?
In order to apply for our Internship Programme candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Currently studying in final year or postgraduate studies and require mandatory in-service training of 6 months to qualify/recently completed studies in the last 12 months
- Must have no prior work experience in the field of study
- Good academics and extracurricular involvement
- Must have a positive attitude
- Basic computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Live the SAA Values of accountability, integrity, customer focused, safety, excellence in performance and valuing our people
Please note all candidates must be South African citizens.
- Candidates may be expected to undergo pre-employment assessments and criminal and qualification checks
- SAA is committed to Employment Equity and all appointments will be made in this context
- Candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply
Let your career take flight with SAA’s Internship Programme:
If you are excited by our Internship Programme and meet our minimum requirements, watch out for our annual advertisement on social media and our career page (www.flysaa.com/careers) in the first quarter of each year.
Please note that this Internship Programme is aimed at providing successful candidates with the practical exposure to the workplace for six months and, therefore, there is no commitment to further employment at SAA after the completionof the Programme.
“I would say I’m a better chef due to the internship and the other chefs who assist with the learnings: making sure we were ready to plate on time for meal presentation, assisting with menu design and development and testing recipes for the current menu.” Tyrone Camhee, Air Chefs Culinary Intern, 2012