Payment Options information
South African Airways (SAA) offers passengers different choices of payment when paying for their tickets. However, effective 30th September 2013, SAA will no longer accept cheque payments in South Africa.
Our pay later option allows you to conveniently book a flight online, and pay for your ticket at any Airport or City Ticketing Office or Pick n Pay store (RSA only). This will give you the flexibility of paying by cash, credit card and other payment options accepted by our ticketing offices.
- Tickets may only be paid for and collected within the country where your journey originates
- Reservations not paid for within 24/72 hours (where applicable) will automatically be cancelled without any further notice
Back to top
Pick n Pay (South Africa only)
PICK your nearest store n PAY for your airline ticket
South African Airways now offers you the convenience of paying for your airline ticket at any Pick n Pay or Boxer stores in South Africa. Simply go to your local store, present your e-mail confirmation and/or your 17 digit Pick n Pay reference number to the check-out clerk and pay for your airline ticket.
A Passenger Itinerary and Receipt will be e-mailed to you once your e-ticket has been issued.
- This service is only available for reservations made through flysaa.com
- Your booking must be an e-ticketable route.
- A Service Fee of R110 (inclusive of VAT) per transaction will be charged for customers intending to purchase a ticket at a Pick n Pay or Boxer store.
- If you want to do a part payment for only selected passengers in a reservation, please contact your nearest call centre.
- Click here for a list of Pick n Pay Stores
Back to top
With MasterPass, we're reinventing how you pay for your South African Airways ticket. Use your digital wallet to pay for your airline ticket from any mobile-optimised device, including tablets and smartphones.
Click on 'Book now' to complete your payment. You will then be redirected to the secure MasterPass website to select your preferred payment method. Upon confirmation of your booking, a notification will be sent to you that your payment transaction was successfully processed by MasterPass. You have 15 minutes to conclude your transaction before the QR code expires.
Find Out More »
Back to top
Service fees in specific countries
A service fee will be charged for passengers intending to collect or purchase a ticket at any City Ticketing Office, or domestic airport, including Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, East London Airport Ticketing Office:
- Domestic departures: R200 per ticket (including VAT)
- International departures: R500 per ticket (including VAT)
City Ticketing Office:
- Domestic departures: R100 per ticket (including VAT)
- International departures: R250 per ticket (including VAT)
Pick n Pay (South Africa only):
- The Pick n Pay service fee is R110 per ticket (including VAT)
Please note: Service fees are not applicable when you pay online.
A service fee will be charged for passengers intending to collect or purchase a ticket at the SAA Town Office in Mauritius.
|Mauritius to Johannesburg/Durban/Cape Town
|Johannesburg to Africa
|Mauritius to Africa & Beyond
|Within South Africa
UK customers may use their Visa debit cards for payment online. Customers who wish to pay by maestro/ solo cards please select the pay later option and contact our call centre on 0844 375 9680 to make payment.
For credit card transactions in foreign currency your bank may charge you additional fees which are not included in the total amount shown on your booking confirmation.
Should your credit card expire before departure, please notify your nearest SAA office of the new card number.
Back to top