STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
The terms set out below (Terms) govern the participation in and implementation of related administrative matters pertaining to the Contest to be conducted by MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd, a company with offices at 152 Beach Road #35-00, The Gateway East, Singapore 189721 (MasterCard). A. Contest Period This spend and win contest (Contest) organized by MasterCard will run from 28 July 2014 to 5 September 2014 (both dates inclusive) (the Contest Period). B. Eligibility
1. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, ONLY the following categories of persons who are over the age of 21 are eligible to participate in this Contest (collectively, Eligible Persons and each, an Eligible Person): 1.1. An existing MasterCard MasterPass wallet (Wallet) holder; or 1.2. A Wallet holder who downloads the Wallet during the Contest Period.
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in this Contest: 2.1. permanent and/or contract employees of MasterCard (including its subsidiaries and related companies), including their respective immediate family members, meaning parents, spouses, children and siblings; 2.2. representatives and/or agents (including advertising agents and contest management agents) of MasterCard, including their respective immediate family members, meaning parents, spouses, children and siblings; 2.3. holder(s) of a Wallet who is (are) in default of any facilities granted by their issuing financial institution and/or MasterCard at any time during the Contest Period, subject to MasterCard’s discretion; and/or 2.4. any holder of a Wallet who has committed or suspected to have committed any fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to his/her Wallet, associated account or any facility of service granted by their issuing financial institution and/or MasterCard.
4. MasterCard will not be liable for any default due to any war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm, epidemic, pandemic, technical or system failure or any event beyond the reasonable control of MasterCard.
5. MasterCard reserves the right as it deems fit to vary or change any of these terms and conditions from time to time or cancel, terminate, withdraw, or suspend this Contest and/or replace this Contest with another similar promotion, Contest or program with prior notice. Such variation, changes, cancellation, termination, withdrawal or suspension will be notified by posting on MasterCard’s website at www.mastercard.co.za (Website) or in any other manner as MasterCard deems fit. In this respect, the Participants’ participation in this Contest also signifies his/her agreement to access the Website at regular intervals to view these terms and conditions and to ensure that they are kept up-to-date with any variations or changes which MasterCard may effect from time to time. Eligible Persons, Participants and/or Winners also agree that their continued participation in this Contest will constitute their acceptance of these terms and conditions (as varied from time to time). For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination, withdrawal or suspension by MasterCard of this Contest will not entitle the Participant to any compensation against MasterCard for any and all loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred by the Eligible Persons, Participants and/or Winners as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination, withdrawal or suspension.
6. Any term and condition applicable to this Contest which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions. 7. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of New York State, USA (Laws) excluding conflict-of-laws or similar provisions under those Laws that would mandate or permit the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York State, USA.