Payment Options information
South African Airways (SAA) offers you greater choice and flexibility when it comes to paying for the tickets you have booked online, no matter where you are in the world.
Our pay later option allows you to conveniently book a flight online, and pay for your ticket at any Airport or City Ticketing Office or Pick n Pay store (RSA only). This will give you the flexibility of paying by cash, credit card and other payment options accepted by our ticketing offices.
- Tickets may only be paid for and collected within the country where your journey originates
- Reservations not paid for within 24/72 hours (where applicable) will automatically be cancelled without any further notice
Back to top
Pick n Pay (South Africa only)
PICK your nearest store n PAY for your airline ticket
South African Airways now offers you the convenience of paying for your airline ticket at any Pick n Pay or Boxer stores in South Africa. Simply go to your local store, present your e-mail confirmation and/or your 17 digit Pick n Pay reference number to the check-out clerk and pay for your airline ticket.
A Passenger Itinerary and Receipt will be e-mailed to you once your e-ticket has been issued.
- This service is only available for reservations made through flysaa.com
- Your booking must be an e-ticketable route.
- A Service Fee of R95 (inclusive of VAT) per ticket will be charged for customers intending to purchase a ticket at a Pick n Pay or Boxer store.
- If you want to do a part payment for only selected passengers in a reservation, please contact your nearest call centre.
- Click here for a list of Pick n Pay Stores
Back to top
Service fees in specific countries
A service fee will be charged for passengers intending to collect or purchase a ticket at any City Ticketing Office, or domestic airport, including Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, East London Airport Ticketing Office:
- Domestic departures: R200 per ticket (including VAT)
- International departures: R500 per ticket (including VAT)
- Cheques are accepted at any South African airport, except for Airlink airports - clarify this with your local ticketing office
City Ticketing Office:
- Domestic departures: R100 per ticket (including VAT)
- International departures: R250 per ticket (including VAT)
Pick n Pay (South Africa only):
- The Pick n Pay service fee is R89 per ticket (including VAT)
Please note: Service fees are not applicable when you pay online.
A service fee will be charged for passengers intending to collect or purchase a ticket at the SAA Town Office in Mauritius.
|Mauritius to Johannesburg/Durban/Cape Town
|Johannesburg to Africa
|Mauritius to Africa & Beyond
|Within South Africa
UK customers may use their Visa debit cards for payment online. Customers who wish to pay by maestro/ solo cards please select the pay later option and contact our call centre on 0844 375 9680 to make payment.
For credit card transactions in foreign currency your bank may charge you additional fees which are not included in the total amount shown on your booking confirmation.
Should your credit card expire before departure, please notify your nearest SAA office of the new card number.
Back to top