Loosen your muscles and joints with these simple stretches. You can perform them in your seat, but make sure it is in the upright position. Remember to respect the personal space of fellow passengers.
- Feet: Circle your feet at the ankles - 20 times per foot.
- Legs: Starting with your feet on the floor, bring your legs slowly up towards your chest, as far as you can. Relax them slowly, and repeat three times.
- Knees: Press the knees and thighs together, and tighten buttock muscles. Hold to the count of five, and repeat five times.
- Hands: Grip the edge of your armrest, and hold to a count of five then relax. Repeat 10 times.
- Arms: Starting with your arms outstretched, flex at the elbow, and bring them slowly into your chest. Extend them again, and repeat five times.
- Shoulders: Hunch up your shoulders, hold and slowly relax. Repeat five times.
- Neck: Move your head slowly towards your right shoulder and hold. Then towards your left shoulder and hold. Move your chin slowly down towards your chest - hold and relax. Repeat three times.
Back to top
We recommend these exercise tips to help you to stay healthy whilst flying, particularly on longer trips.