SAA Graduate Programme
SAA Graduate Programme
Intake | Every eighteen months
Duration | 18-month contract programme
Income | Market related salary for 18 months
The SAA Graduate Programme is a strategic initiative aimed at creating a talent pipeline for critical areas within our business as well as for the aviation sector in general. Graduates obtain a significant amount of exposure (build a career) and experience (build a legacy) in the workplace over an 18-month period.
The Graduate Programme provides graduates with real, hands-on opportunities to make an impact.
Graduates are placed in a Specialised Programme or a Generalist Programme, based on business demands and critical skills areas:
- The Generalist Programme provides the graduate with a 6-month rotation period through our core business areas to ensure that the relevant business acumen needed in SAA is developed. The graduate spends a total of 12 months in the targeted business area to develop the depth of knowledge, skills and competencies required to perform in the area where they are selected.
- The Specialised Programme has a short rotational span and graduates remain in their specialised area with one rotational point.
The Graduate Programme supports top graduates in the following degree fields:
- International Relations Transport Economics or Management
- Logistics Management Project Management
- Marketing Information Technology or Management
- Auditing, Risk, Governance and Compliance Mathematics/Statistics/Economics
- Business Management/Administration Financial or Management Accounting
- Mechanical Engineering Aeronautical Engineering
“What makes this a great Graduate Programme is how it is giving me an opportunity to kickstart my career and make a valuable contribution at SAA. My level of learning is enhanced day by day. I am learning a lot about the company and how all the different departments interlink to potentially work together to improve SAA. The knowledge and skills I am acquiring are helping me develop as an individual and will ultimately play a huge role in my career.” Sweetlinah Mvusi, SAA Graduate, 2013
Who are we looking for?
Before applying for the Graduate Programme candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have recently qualified in the last 12 months with a good academic record at NQF Level 7 (3-year degree)
- Must have passion for chosen field of study and desire to practically apply what has been learnt
- Must have good judgment and decision-making skills
- Must have problem-solving abilities
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Must sign a training bond
Let your career take flight with SAA’s Graduate Programme:
If you have qualified within the last 12 months and would like to be awarded a ticket of growth and opportunity to board SAA, watch out for our advertisement on social media and our career page www.flysaa.com/careers as well as at selected partner institutions.
Please note that this Graduate Programme is aimed at providing successful candidates with the practical exposure to the workplace for 18 months and, therefore, there is no commitment to further employment at SAA after the completion of the Programme.
- Please note all candidates must be South African citizens
- Candidates may be expected to undergo pre-employment assessments and criminal and qualification checks
- SAA is committed to Employment Equity and all appointments will be made in this context
- Candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
“The graduate programme has given me exposure to an industry which is both complex and intriguing. I would recommend this programme to every graduate out there.” Dumo Denga, SAA Graduate 2013