This Programme is a unique opportunity to receive tuition towards attaining a SACAA Cabin Crew Member licence.
The Programme provides unemployed youth with skills that are deemed as scarce in the aviation industry. As a result of participation in the programme, candidates are provided with career growth opportunities as they become employable as Cabin Crew Members.
Cabin Crew Skills Programme Benefits
The Programme will provide you with the following benefits:
- You will obtain a SACAA Cabin Crew Member Licence
- You will gain an understanding of the world of aviation
- You will gain knowledge, skills and abilities in the functions and work processes related to the job role of Cabin Crew Member
- The Skills Programme may open the door to future potential working opportunities within SAA (please note that this is not guaranteed)
Where will my participation in the Cabin Crew Skills Programme take me?
You will be provided with formal tuition and assessment in the following areas:
- Aviation Medicine Training
- SAA Service Procedures Training
- Safety and Emergency Procedures Training – General and Aircraft Type
- South African Civil Aviation Authority Licencing Assessments
Who are we looking for?
Before applying for the Cabin Crew Skills Programme candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a Grade 12 or equivalent diploma
- Pass in English at Grade 12 level (or equivalent)
- Pass SAA English Language Proficiency Test
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Safety orientated
- Culturally sensitive
- You must have the ability to work under pressure
- No negative findings on SAA’s pre-employment checks (criminal, credit and qualification checks)
- Must be medically fit
- Minimum height of 1.58m
- Be a competent swimmer
Let your career take flight with SAA’s Cabin Crew Skills Programme:
If you are interested in a career as a Cabin Crew Member, then this is the Skills Programme for you.
Please note that this Skills Programme is aimed at providing successful candidates with tuition and practical exposure for three months and, therefore, there is no commitment to further employment at SAA after the completion of the Programme.
If you believe you have what it takes, please register your cv online.