Johannesburg - 25 August 2009
The South African public has rated South African Airways (SAA) as their number one airline in the domestic sector, while business placed the airline in third place.
SAA was presented with the Best Domestic Airline in the category Business to Consumer in the annual Sunday Times Top Brands Awards this week.
The category indicates the ordinary public’s recognition and trust in the SAA brand.
Low cost airline, Mango came in at third place and British Airways at second in this category.
“It gives us a great sense of pride that fellow South African&rsquos take comfort in our product, service and brand. This recognition will go a long way in motivating us to continue working towards ensuring we meet their high expectations of us”.
“Our research shows that people are looking for a service experience that is intentional, consistent, differentiated and variable, which is synonymous with what SAA promises as a brand,”says Samuella Ngoato, SAA Head Marketing.
The Best Domestic Airline as rated by businesses in South Africa, British Airways was place in the top spot with low cost airline, Kulula in second place and SAA in third. SAA received 68.3 percent of the votes, while Kulula received 89 percent and BA, 76.2 percent.
This year is the first time that airlines have been placed in the consumer category due to the rapid growth of flying.
Other awards received by SAA this year:
- Best Scheduled Airline in Africa – Travel Weekly Globe Awards<
- Best Airline in Africa – Skytrax Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Best African Air Cargo – Air Cargo Magazine
- Africa’s Leading Airline – World Travel Awards
- Best Airline Stand at Indaba – Africa’s annual Travel and Tourism Exhibition
- Coolest Domestic Airline Brand – Sunday Times/Generation Next Awards
Issued by Group Corporate Affairs