SAA Sponsorship Proposal Guidelines
Sponsorships as defined by South African Airways are a short to medium term contractual acquisition of the right to associate SAA and its products and services with a third party owned “property” deemed to have strategic fit with SAA’s commercial goals. All sponsorship requests will be evaluated in accordance with SAA’s business requirements and Sponsorship Policy.
Due to high volumes of requests currently being processed, please allow up to 7 – 10 working days for feedback from SAA.
The following general guidelines should be considered before submitting proposals to SAA:
- There must be clear demonstration and quantification of Return On Investment (ROI) for SAA
- Sponsorship requested may not be in the form of cash. Only Value In Kind proposals can be considered
- Timing of proposals should allow sufficient time for SAA to plan for implementation and leveraging
- SAA will focus only on a limited number sponsorship properties and award is at the sole discretion of SAA
- Proposals which fall outside of this process will not be entertained
SAA cannot consider or participate in sponsorships:
- That do not have a measurable ROI
- That relate to religious groups, political parties and related activities
- That negatively impact the environment
- Of individual sporting teams, clubs and individuals
- Of regional, provincial and local bodies or activities
- Of one off or unsustainable activities or events (unless there is a proven business return)
- Relating to events or activities that are exclusionary on the basis of race, religion, gender or disability
Kindly note: South African Airways does not sponsor individuals’ request for travel.
Sponsorship proposals are to be emailed on the SAA Submission Form to:
Back to top