Johannesburg, 09 February 2013. South African Airways (SAA) wishes to advise its customers that flights to and from New York and Washington are planned to operate as per normal schedule.
Notwithstanding, SAA ticketed customers travelling to and from New York (only) for the period of 08 to 11 February 2013 (only) will be offered the following assistance via SAA Call Centres, City Ticket Offices, Airport Ticket Offices, or Travel Agent:
• rebooking on the next available flight (same cabin / same booking class) subject to space; and
• full refund, waiver on all cancelation and administration fees.
In addition, all date and flight change fees will be waivered. However, this allowance will apply to South African Airways tickets only and not on any other airline tickets. The offer must be taken up and tickets re-issued through an SAA office by Wednesday, 13 February 2013. If a customer elects to travel on a later date, all such travel must commence on/before Sunday, 17 February 2013.
All customers traveling to and from New York and Washington are encouraged to check their ‘Flight Status’ by visiting our website, www.flysaa.com, prior to leaving for the airport.
Scheduled Departure Times:
• SA 203, Johannesburg to New York – departure time 20h35 (JHB time).
• SA 204, New York to Johannesburg – departure time 10h40 (NY time) only as of Sunday, 10 February 2013.
• SA 207, Johannesburg via Dakar to Washington – departure time 18h15 (JHB time).
• SA 208, Washington via Dakar to Johannesburg – departure time 17h40 (Washington time).
It should be noted that as a result of yesterday’s cancelation of SA 203, Johannesburg to New York; SA 204, New York to Johannesburg which was scheduled to depart New York today, Saturday, 09 February 2013, at 10h40 (NY time) has also been cancelled. Normal services on this sector are expected to return to normal tomorrow.
SAA Call Centre numbers:
• Johannesburg (27) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606
• Monday – Sunday 06h00 – 22h00 (JHB time)
SAA Call Centre numbers
• Fort Lauderdale (1) 800 722 9675
• Monday – Friday: 08h30 -20h00 (Fort Lauderdale time)
• Saturday – Sunday: 08h00 – 16h00 (Fort Lauderdale time)
SAA will continue to monitor the situation in both New York and Washington and any new developments regarding the storm and related activities will be communicated.
South African Airways (SAA) is the leading carrier in Africa, serving 26 destinations across the continent, as well as major destinations within South Africa and internationally from its Johannesburg hub. It is a member of the largest international airline network, Star Alliance. SAA’s core business is the provision of passenger airline and cargo transport services together with related services, which are provided through SAA and its four wholly owned subsidiaries: SAA Technical; Mango its low cost carrier; Air Chefs, the catering entity of SAA and South African Travel Centre (SATC). SAA is the winner of the 'Best Airline in Africa’ Award in the regional category for ten consecutive years and the winner of ‘Service Excellence Africa’ for three consecutive years. Mango and SAA hold the number one and number two successive spots as South Africa’s most on - time airlines.
For more information contact:
SAA Group Corporate Affairs
Tel: +27 11 978 2298
Mobile: +27 83 400 0041
Communication Manager (External)
Tel: +27 11 978 2760
Mobile: +27 83 414 4720